Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Great Christmas Tree Debacle

Oh, boy, where do I begin?  Our tree has ornaments on the top third only.  Because little hands and paws, can't seem to resist the shiny balls and sparkle-y snow flakes!  Secondly, the stand snapped in to pieces and the tree fell over! I don't know if you can tell, but it's leaning up against the window.  Oh, boy, indeed.  So, yesterday, I went to WalMart and bought a new stand.  Thinking this would just solve all my problems.  Ha!  The hole on the new stand was too big.  So, I put the new "legs" on the old stand and duct taped the crap out of them.  Being, quite pleased with myself, I stood up the tree, told Cache, "Don't touch.", and stood back to admire!
No faster then Cache and I got into the kitchen, did I hear a giant crash and glass balls breaking.  It was awesome.  So then I had to get out the vacuum, and lean the tree back up against the window.  I guess toddlers and Christmas trees don't mix.  Oh, not to mention, cats.
Next year, we're going for a real tree with a sturdy metal stand and in two days this one, with much anticipated satisfaction, is going directly into the garbage can!

The bottom string of lights failed as well, just to 'top' it all off.



My poor attempt at a fix.


0 comments: