So, I am getting really excited about being pregnant again, and cannot believe the difference from the first pregnancy. First of all, it's a whole other story being pregnant and already having a little one to look after. Can't sleep whenever you want to, and if you feel like crap, well that's secondary to the needs/wants of your current tike. It's cool to know I am entering the eighth week of pregnancy, where SO much is going on with the development of the baby. It's quite miraculous to know that the baby's heart beats in the fifth week of pregnancy! That means, about fourteen days after you miss your first period, your baby has a heart, that's actually beating! I love that thought. If it has a heart beat, then think of all the other things it has! Nervous system, blood pumping, amazing.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
New Baby-Nursing
But most of all, I can't help but think about, anticipate, and get excited about-nursing again! That was the single most pleasurable part of mothering a newborn. I absolutely loved it and can not wait to nurse another! I am going to nurse this baby as long as possible, as I did Cache, who self weaned around 21 months. : ( I was sad when it was truly over. But that's why God gave me the ability to have more babies, right? So you can get all those wonderful feelings all over again! I can not wait!
I found some awesome quotes on the intraweb:
"While breastfeeding may not seem the best choice every parent, it is the best choice for every baby." -Amy Spangler
"It is only in the act of nursing that a woman realizes her motherhood in visible and tangible fashion; it is a joy of every moment." -Honore De Blazac
People need to understand that when they're deciding between breast milk and formula, they're not deciding between Pepsi and Coke...they're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available." -Chele Marmet
"Formula feeding is longest lasting uncontrolled experiment lacking informed consent in the history of medicine." -Frank Oski, MD, Founder of the journal Contemporary Pediatrics
I thought those were some of the good ones. I can't wait to nurse again!
Posted by Ginger Horsburgh at 6:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment