Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Well I have been trying for days to get pictures to load, to no avail.  I have a lot of cute ones of all  the family playing, cooking and sitting around soaking up the togetherness.  So, with no pictures I thought I'd better blog about it and insert pics as soon as Blogger lets me!


We drove to Boise to be with Kevin's parents, brother, sister in law and their kids.  We ate over at Kevin's parent's house.  We had a lovely, quiet dinner.  Most of the activities involved watching football, and if you know me I hate football with a passion, so I didn't care for it or about it, and just enjoyed visiting with the family while I could.  

The kids had a great time, too.  We brought plastic train tracks with us and even Cache's older cousins had fun playing with them and just being and playing with Cache.  They had a good time rolling a ball to each other about the living room floor.  Cache especially had a good time when we went over to Kevin's brother's house and he got to play with all of his cousin's toys.  He loved that, and for the rest of the trip he kept asking to go back to Noah and Caleb's house.

When we drove home, he kept asking to go back to Nana and Papa's house.  Overall, I had an amazing time.  Thanks so kindly to my Mother in law who made my visit so relaxing and stress free.  I didn't have to cook, clean or otherwise lift a finger.  It was truly the most relaxed I've been since I had my baby.  (Minus my one week baby moon when Kevin was home.)  I held True more than I have since that first week, I laid around, enjoyed other people's cooking, drank a beer and visited with my Mother in law a lot.  It was wonderful.  Thanks again, Sudie!  

We stayed a few days and drove home on Sunday morning.  We had two uneventful car trips, which was nice.  True slept a lot and just enjoyed me being in the backseat with her.  She seems fine in the car if she can see me.  Recently she started falling asleep in the car; which is a God send because up until that point if she was tired in the car, she would just scream bloody murder.  So it is very nice to look back in her little mirror and see that she has just peacefully fallen asleep!  Ahhh.  So nice. 

I really hope I can get pics up soon of the whole trip.  Stinkin' Blogger!

1 comments:

Ingrid said...

Sounds like a great trip!