Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Night Nurse

Every night for True's bed time routine I dress her in jammies, put on the same soothing music every night, rock in the rocking chair and nurse my babe. It is total darkness until our eyes adjust and we can make out eachothers silhouette. Everyday it's touch lighter in her bedroom at this time. I love how the days are growing steadily longer. It seems like it's so gradual but then one day you realize you can walk a little longer, make dinner in the light, drive home or do our evening routines in the just a little more light. Soon we will be eating all our meals out of doors again. Well, as I sat nursing her tonight I just had to write about the stillness, the joy, the relaxing feeling that overcomes me every night. Or, shall I say, us every night. We rock, listen and relax together. She is getting bigger, although still a wee babe. I close my eyes and lean my head back. I reflect on my day and I often pray. I find myself so grateful for this time of day and it makes me so grateful for all that I have and, in turn, makes me want to thank Him for my many blessings. I love this quiet, dark time with my babe. I love that I am able and oh so willing to give her the most perfect form of nourishment. The most superior emotional, physical and nutritive nourishment possible. Have a good night!

0 comments: