Saturday, February 13, 2010

Short Winter

Today I was thinking how beautiful the snowy mountains looked. I walked out of the mall with Truey strapped to my chest in the sling and breathed deeply. The cool crisp air felt so good. It was hot in the mall and having a baby in a sweater pressed up against me and wrapped up in the sling can get hot. So, the cool air was refreshing to both of us. The mountains looked stunning and I realized how fast this winter is slipping away. This is the first winter in a long time that I felt was going by really fast. January felt like a week and February is now half over! In two weeks it'll be March. Lets see crocus, daffodils and hyacinth! That was fast! Right? I am so excited for spring but I am really enjoying this winter and all the cool air and beauty. It seems like it's been a reasonably warm start to 2010. We've taken quite a few long walks. Kevin and Cache have played in the backyard more than a few times since the new year. And I think the number of times Kevin has had to snow blow can be counted on one hand. That is nice. The mountains need more snow so I hope it lasts a little while longer for our lake's and water supply's sake. Breath deep, enjoy the peeking sun increasingly warm on your face, and get up to the mountains and ride while you can. Enjoy your winter!

0 comments: